Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Ssis Exporting Data To Flat File Renders Double Quotes As Hexadecimal Characters

I have a simple SSIS job that exports data from the database to a flat file. I am using double quotes as text delimiters. When I run the job on my development machine everything ex

Solution 1:

This looks like something we ran into a while back. Jamie Thomson documented it in a blog post - SQL Server 2008 SP1 CU 6 includes small changes to .dtsx files.

Check the version of SQL Server in both environments:

SELECT @@VERSION

Solution 2:

Whilst Tom's answer is correct it does not solve the problem if you can't make changes to any of the environments, ideally you want to make a change to the SSIS package so that it runs in all environments. How about this as a work around:

Add the following expression to the TextQualifier of the Flat File connection manager:

"\""

This will generate the required double quote text qualifier, however it is stored in the package xml as an expression which avoids the issue.

Solution 3:

just if it helps, I solved this issue creating a final step with a script task where I replace in the file generated all the "x0022" strings with the right value.

Post a Comment for "Ssis Exporting Data To Flat File Renders Double Quotes As Hexadecimal Characters"