Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

How To Use Adodb Parameterized Query With Adarray Data Type In Vbscript?

I have not been able to find an example of how to use this anywhere. I am trying to do a simple SELECT statement with a parameterized query. I want to use the adArray data type. He

Solution 1:

I have no idea which database providers will support arrays.

What I prefer to do is pass the array as a single long string, then use a UDF called Split(). The result is something like this:

sql = "SELECT * FROM table WHERE id IN (Split(?))"set objCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
myBigString = ConvertArrayToCSV(arrMyArray) ' you have to write this, of courseset objParam = objCmd.Createparameter("@id", 200, 1, length, myBigString)

objCmd.Parameters.Append objParam

Here's a discussion of the Split() concept.

Edit

I corrected the above (the parameter type is 200, not 0x2000), and I also now see that ADO appears to support this syntax:

0x2000OR129' array of strings
0x2000 OR 200 'arrayofvarchar

But I haven't tested this.

Post a Comment for "How To Use Adodb Parameterized Query With Adarray Data Type In Vbscript?"