Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Error While Setting Sql Express 2012 As Prerequisite

I have developed a WPF app which is using .Net (Framework 4.5) and SQL server 2012. It works perfectly fine, but I am having a problem when I try to publish this app using the one

Solution 1:

  1. Locate the folder (for 32 bit OS) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\Bootstrapper\Packages\SqlExpress2012\en. (For 64 bit OS) C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\Bootstrapper\Packages\SqlExpress2012\en

  2. Open file package.xml

  3. Locate <String Name="SqlExpr32Exe">http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=230852&amp;clcid=0x409</String>. The link may vary in your copy. Copy the link and paste it in your web browser. A save file dialogue box will appear. Click on Save. After downloading the file, paste it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\Bootstrapper\Packages\SqlExpress2012\en\

  4. Locate <String Name="SqlExpr64Exe">http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=230853&amp;clcid=0x409</String> and follow the same process as described in point 3.

Try to re-build the setup project again.

Solution 2:

I relocated SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe and SQLEXPR32_x86_ENU.exe to this location and fixed for me : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\SDK\Bootstrapper\Packages\SqlExpress2012\en

Post a Comment for "Error While Setting Sql Express 2012 As Prerequisite"