How Do I Get The Content Of A Sql Stored Procedure In Powershell?
I'm perverted in the sense that I hate exploring code and database structures in a tree view and I'd much prefer using something like the Powershell for that. Most of the stuff I n
Solution 1:
If you want to run this on Sql Server 2008 then here is a Cmdlet that will help you with it.
If you are using Sql Server 2005 then here is a page with a script to help you with this.
[EDIT] You may use the SP sp_helptext to see the contents of the required stored procedure.
Solution 2:
They text of a sproc lives in a data dictionary table sys.sql_modules. As an aside, this Stackoverflow post has a data dictionary reverse engineering script that (amongst other things) gets the text of view definitions from this table - reverse engineering sproc definitions works much the same.
A minimal script to retrieve the progam text of a stored procedure would look like:
select m.definition
from sys.objects o
join sys.sql_modules m
on o.object_id = m.object_id
join sys.schemas s
on s.schema_id = o.schema_id
where s.name = 'foo' -- Schema name
and o.name = 'bar' -- Sproc name
Post a Comment for "How Do I Get The Content Of A Sql Stored Procedure In Powershell?"