Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Excel Vba Ado Cutting Decimals (possible Bug In Ado?)

Can anybody help me with this please? The problem: I have the below code in a module which works perfectly usually, but when i run it on this sample file, I noticed that the decima

Solution 1:

Thanks everybody this solved the problem.

So it turned out that the solution is to create a "schema.ini" file in the same folder as my CSV file which is processed by ADO.

I created the ini file with the following lines and the issue is now gone.

[sample file for analysis.csv]Format=CSVDelimited
Col1=SerialNumberCustomer Text
Col2=EventDateTime1 DateTime
Col3=EquipmentName Text
Col4=TestCodeDescription Text
Col5=NumbericMeasure Double
Col6=LowerLimit Double
Col7=UpperLimit Double

Solution 2:

I had the same problem. SQL delivered decimals but recordset returned values with no decimals.

Answer : In my SQL I used CAST(fieldname as Double) and then it worked fine. Data types like Decimal(15,6), Float DID NOT WORK. A bit frustration before I found this.

Post a Comment for "Excel Vba Ado Cutting Decimals (possible Bug In Ado?)"