Can't Connect To Sql Server 2005
I've installed SQL Server 2005 on my machine and now I'm trying to connect to it via SQuirrel SQL, but I am unfortunately running into problems. When installing SQL Server 2005 I c
Solution 1:
So after doing some more research, it turns out that my sql server was not listening to the correct port. For anyone else having this problem I recommend reading the following web page which was very useful:
Basically you need to configure your server to always listen on a certain port (I chose 1433) and restart your server. After that it should work like a charm.
Solution 2:
I was having the same issue on a Windows 2008 R2 box w/ SQL 2005 and it ended up that I needed to open up port 1433 in the windows firewall. I had also checked to make sure remote connections were enabled.
Post a Comment for "Can't Connect To Sql Server 2005"