Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Laravel Sqlsrv Works In Tinker Mode But Not In Browser

I have a Laravel 5 project (on a CentOS 7 machine) that connects to an external MSSQL database. I followed the setup outlined here using FreeTDS. When I hit the page using a browse

Solution 1:

SELinux is blocking your outgoing connection to MSSQL.

The proper solution is to allow apache to make the connection:

setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db 1

The -P flag makes the rule persistent, otherwise the rule is lost after a reboot.

Solution 2:

It turns out it wasn't a Laravel problem but a SELinux problem. I disabled SELinux by following this guide then I was able to access my project in a browser.

I know this is not the best solution but it works for my purpose.

Post a Comment for "Laravel Sqlsrv Works In Tinker Mode But Not In Browser"