Connect To Database In Network Drive
I am a newbie to SQL Server and .net. Please let me know if my question is not clear before down voting. I am working on a Windows application with C#. I should give option to user
Solution 1:
When you use server-based SQL Server (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server Express) you are unable to share database file via network drive, it is by design. Even if you override default SQL Server behavior with a switch and enable UNC paths for databases, your data will be corrupted by multiple server instances trying to use single database MDF file. If you need to host database in serverless environment (using only a network drive), you may opt to Microsoft SQL Server Compact (SQL Server CE) edition. But be aware that in such case only one user will be able to access database file at the same time (exclusive locking -> low performance). Plus SQL Server CE does not have stored procs.
Post a Comment for "Connect To Database In Network Drive"