How To Combine Records From Different Tables?
There are two worksheets in same workbook that have the same structure-same field names. for example : Table 1 - Officer name mkt - s15 peter 15 - s17 mary 18 -
Solution 1:
You can use a common table expression to union the tables into one and then perform the aggregate sum. I'm using SET NOCOUNT ON; because I had issues before in excel if I omitted this. A full outer join between the two tables would also work.
SET NOCOUNT ON;
WITH CTE AS
(
SELECT*FROM [$table1]
UNIONALLSELECT*FROM [$table2]
)
SELECT office, name, sum(mkt)
FROM CTE
GROUPBY office, name
You can also try without the CTE:
SELECT office, name, sum(mkt)
FROM(
SELECT*FROM [$table1]
UNIONALLSELECT*FROM [$table2]
)
GROUPBY office, name
Solution 2:
select officer ,name ,sum(mkt) from table1
unionallselect officer ,name ,sum(mkt) from table2
Post a Comment for "How To Combine Records From Different Tables?"