Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Lost Ability To Be Admin On Sql Server Reporting Services 2005

I used to be able to go to http://myserver/reports and after I supplied my local account information (which was a member of 'Administrators'), I would get the 'Home' page of SQL Se

Solution 1:

My issue solved after I tick 'Apply default Setting' at Report Server Virtual Directory setting on the Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

Solution 2:

I'd guess that someone took out the local admin group from "System Administrator" (Site Settings...Configure site-wide security).

You may be able to hack the ReportServer database:

In the ReportServer database:

  • In the Users table there should "BUILTIN\Administrators"
  • In the Roles table there should "System Administrator", TaskMask = 110101011
  • In the PolicyUserRole table, there should be a row with the GUIDs from User and Role above. The Policy ID = EBFA3A83-8497-4A39-9B5C-62E0240D2924

Solution 3:

you need to be in the 'report server admins' security group which is different from the 'administrators' group

Post a Comment for "Lost Ability To Be Admin On Sql Server Reporting Services 2005"