Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

I Am Trying To Extract An Xmltype Column From An Oracle Table Using Jdbc And Having Some Issues

I am trying to extract an XMLTYPE column from an Oracle table using JDBC. I have the query: select 'XML_FILE' FROM 'TABLE_NAME' and when I run the query in the Oracle SQL Deve

Solution 1:

You can't retrieve this as string (varchar), because of limitations of varchar lenght (4000bytes). Select it as CLOB:

Stringquery="SELECT TBL.XMLTYPECOLUMN.GETCLOBVAL() FROM TABLE TBL";
    rs = stmt.executeQuery(query);
    xmlClob = (Clob) rs.getClob(1);

http://kodehelp.com/how-to-read-xmltype-column-from-database-using-jdbc/

Solution 2:

Have to use to_clob in the query select

to_clob(xmlelement ( "employee", 'Bob' ))  ) as SQLXMLCOL1 from dual 

then use the toString() in resultSet

Solution 3:

Do you mean your call to result.toString() is returning null? If so, that's not how you get the data from the result set anyway. I tried a couple of different test, using the DataDirect Oracle JDBC driver and only got null from result.toString(). If I call rs.getString() for the XMLType column, I would get the XML data I inserted; Calling getObject() returned to LOB locator (I think, didn't double check) that references the data. Printing that did not give me the data, just the ID for the locator.

Post a Comment for "I Am Trying To Extract An Xmltype Column From An Oracle Table Using Jdbc And Having Some Issues"